Thursday, March 14, 2013

How to make a upholstered headboard

I wanted the bedroom area to have a cozy feeling.
So, decided to add an upholstered headboard to each twin bed.
I found many tutorials on line, it looked to be easy so, I gave it a try.
I used a pre-cut piece of peg board along with batting.
As you can see I doubled the batting on the area that will be above the mattress.

 Next I rolled the fabric and batting over the edge of the peg board and stapled it down.
Cutting it as needed if it was to long.
 
 
Using a red crayon I marked where I wanted to attach the buttons.
I thought this would give the front of the headboard a little definition.
I put a staple across the hole, then tied the
end of the thread to the staple to keep the button tout.
 
Not bad for about $10.
I think it will give the bedroom area a bit of charm.


 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment